We’re looking for a FrontEnd Web Developer with a passion for building great digital experiences that
are functionally and visually appealing. The successful candidate will be a tech savvy, versatile problem
solver that enjoys taking on a wide variety of challenges.
The FrontEnd Web Developer is a critical member of Finalsite’s project teams who design and deploy
websites for the best schools around the world. This person will work closely with Finalsite's project
managers and designers in building unique customized solutions in Sass/CSS and HTML for our school
and education clients. The candidate should possess a good understanding of Content Management
browsers and platforms including mobile and touchscreen devices is important.
This person should be comfortable in conversing about site architecture and content structure and is
successful in producing complex homepage and lower tier designs and layouts.
The FrontEnd Developer will also play an active role within our production team, collaborating with other
FrontEnd Developers, troubleshooting and debugging, and general Quality Assurance work.
Portfolio/work examples showing web development, problem solving, strong communication skills,
a positive attitude, a make it happen mentality, and ability to work within deadlines and project scope are critical.
● Produce sites from supplied Sketch and/or Photoshop files into Finalsite’s Content Management
System using standardized HTML markup and CSS definitions and structures
● Enter and format raw content supplied by clients
● Handle work order requests including microsites, edits to navigation and architectural changes,
and other similar maintenance tasks
● Coordinate with production team in regular meetings
● Optimize image and graphic assets for site speed
● Work closely with members from other teams and explain technical concepts to nontechnical
clientele on occasion
● Work within the Finalsite platform to maintain and post content, data, images and files
● Test sites across browsers, platforms and devices for scripting and display errors
● Meet certain performance requirements such as: projects completed, billable hours met, work orders delivered
● Work some overtime if necessary to achieve project deliverables
● Some travel may be required
● 2 - 4 years of experience in front end web development
● Proficiency converting design concepts into page templates within a Content Management System
● Experience with Responsive Web Design
● Experience with coding to accessibility requirements as outlined by WCAG 2.0
● Familiarity with using Git for source code control
● Experience in the following technologies is a plus: Sass, AJAX, JSON, Grunt/Gulp/webpack, web
fonts, font icons
● Have an eye for design, show interest in visual and/or interaction design
● Familiarity with usability and User Experience design
● Able to work effectively under deadlines in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and
● Strong team player and willingness to learn new things
APPLY NOW WITH YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER