- Translate UI designs and mockups into high-quality, production-ready, front-end code.
- Optimize the software’s front-end markup and file sizes for improved scalability and performance.
- Assist in making strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities. Collaborate closely with team members (including designers and developers) to consistently improve the functionality, consistency, and user-friendliness of our web applications.
- Promote and teach front-end coding best practices within the development team and throughout the organization.
- Work with product designers to develop and maintain living design systems and component libraries to promote consistency across our applications.
- Contribute to our effort to build accessibility/ADA compliance into all aspects of our platform.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Interactive Media, or related field.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in a front-end developer role — preference given to those with experience building large-scale SaaS applications or content management systems.
- Experience developing within a web framework — Git and Ruby on Rails are a plus.
- 3+ years experience working in an agile development process, collaborating closely with other developers, designers, and product managers.
- Experience implementing and maintaining living design systems, component libraries, or style guides.
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills; ability to share knowledge with your teammates and learn from them.
- Experience developing native mobile applications is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience resolving accessibility/ADA compliance issues for applications and websites is a plus.
- A passion for solving complex problems and translating them into clean, reusable, front-end code.
- A keen eye for details and a strong desire to maintain UI consistency across web applications.
This position is located in Glastonbury, CT. Consideration will be given to remote candidates with outstanding applicable work experience and skills.
APPLY NOW WITH YOUR RÉSUMÉ AND COVER LETTER.