Our Finalsite University expedition to Baltimore was a blast - a big thank-you to everyone who joined us there! The new venue took great care of us, and we had a great time putting faces to names and chatting about all things Finalsite. Following hot on the heels of FSU17, Finalsite hosted some of our public school partners here at our Glastonbury, CT headquarters for our first annual Public School Users Conference. We had a strong turn out, covered how districts and individual schools can make the best use of Finalsite features, and learned a great deal from our visitors. Again, a huge thank-you going out to all of you who made the trip!
Speaking of public school users, they will be happy to hear that this week's release includes another round of updates for ADA compliance - you may notice that the color contrast on gray sections of the admin UI has been upped. We've also made some additional changes to certain element menus to make them more visually distinct.
Also this week, Password Reset links that are sent to website users via the shortcodes in the eNotify editor will now remain valid for a full 24 hours. Previously these had only been active for an hour, which wasn't enough time for some users to follow the link.
Look for these updates and the others listed below to roll out to your site on Saturday, July 8 during the early morning hours (EDT). Composer and FinalsiteApply will both be temporarily unavailable on Saturday morning while these changes are rolled out; the Finalsite Status page will indicate when the updates are applied and completed.
- Adjusted the color contrast on shades of gray in the admin UI to meet ADA guidelines.
- The Athletics Events and Container elements have been updated to the new dark-color Settings UI.
- Support for TLS 1.0 has been discontinued.
- Constituent Password Reset links sent via shortcodes in eNotify will now remain valid for 24 hours, rather than just 1 hour.
- Conditional fields are coming to Finalsite Apply forms.