How does your district achieve and maintain ADA compliance? Follow these five steps for success.
Achieve ADA Website Compliance with Finalsite
Our Website Accessibility Promise
At Finalsite, our goal is to ensure every one of your website visitor's has the same great experience — which is why we're dedicated to ensuring your website meets WCAG 2.0 standards and has an accessible design from the ground up.
We have professionally trained our team to educate your team. During the deployment process, you'll meet with your Project Manager and Designer to build the website of your dreams while adhering to WCAG 2.0 standards. We'll take the time to walk you through which design elements help and hurt accessibility, and advise your team on best practices for adhering to ADA compliance guidelines during the redesign process and post-launch.
How We Guarantee an ADA Compliant Website
ADA-Compliant Designs, Simple Content Management and Premier Partners help you achieve and maintain an ADA accessible website
Our team is dedicated to building websites and a website platform that are ADA compliant and accessible for all.
We do this by:
- Hiring the industry's best designers to craft a design, navigation and site structure that makes it easy for individuals with color-blindness or screen readers to access information
- Educating all employees on accessibility and ADA compliance
- Training on ADA compliance during the redesign process
- Mitigating OCR investigations
- Partnering with premier vendors to ensure your website maintains accessible and compliant post-launch
- Providing resources and training for you and your team
- Requiring ALT text on thumbnail images
- Providing the option for ALT text on all other images
- Supporting video captioning
"At East Hartford Public Schools, we are being proactive to update our district website to meet accessibility requirements. Finalsite has been a supportive partner helping us to identify accessibility problems and work on corrections. Our next steps will be to focus on training site editors and considering a site monitoring tool to help us keep our website accessible for all users. Finalsite helps to make this easy."Cheryl Looke, Information Technician
Simplify Website Management and Achieve Website Accessibility
Equipped with modern editing tools, such as a WYSIWYG drag-and-drop interface, responsive design, multi-admin site management, social media integration, and more than a dozen modules to manage content like news, calendars and athletics, Finalsite's CMS, Composer, is built exclusively with schools and districts in mind schools.
Award-Winning, Accessible Website Design for Districts
At Finalsite, we believe that a website shouldn't just be ADA-compliant, but that it should be inherently designed with accessibility in mind — that's why we've hired the best designers and front-end developers to ensure your design works for all technologies and individuals. With 80 design awards and counting, your website's design is in the industry's most capable hands.
We have design packages to fit any budget, including our new theme designs — which can help you have a live, accessible web design in as little as one month!
JACKSON COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Springfield School District
ELLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
We Work With with Premier Accessibility Platforms
Accessibility and compliance is our top priority for districts, which is why we partner with the industry's most innovative and trusted platforms to provide a best-of-breed solution for our clients.
As a Finalsite client, you'll receive exclusive discount pricing from our preferred partners.
our partnership with Siteimprove means you'll have the tools to:
- Assess your accessibility status at your convenience by thoroughly scanning web pages and PDFs
- Quickly resolve web accessibility issues
- Track progress towards a compliant website with an intuitive progress bar
- Delegate and coordinate tasks across your district
- See specific issues highlighted directly on a page so you know exactly what you're fixing and why
our partnership with AUDIOEYE means you'll have the tools to:
- Analyze your website, identify and fix accessibility issues
- Track outstanding errors that require manual intervention
- A unique script applied to your website that automatically fixes errors
- Assist your website visitors who use different technologies: AudioEye's Ally toolbar provides your users with free assistive tools that make your website easier to use.
Resources for ADA Compliance and Website Accessibility
BLOGS ON ACCESSIBILITY
A new CMS provider isn't your one-stop-shop for website accessibility. There's a much bigger picture here.
Discover the design and content qualities that make these five district websites the best district websites of 2017.
Looking for a new website partner to build an accessible website? We put together this checklist to help you know what to look for.
Districts have about six months to make their website ADA accessible. Here's a month-by-month plan for ensuring your district is compliant by this new deadline.
Learn how to make your website design and content accessible by the new January 2018 deadline.
Learn website accessibility basics, and what your district needs to do to meet compliance standards by January, 2018.
Need a compliant and accessible website by the new January, 2018 deadline? This eBook is your go-to resource for an overview of legislation, and strategies for building and maintaining a compliant website.
"Schools rely on digital content to communicate important information, manage enrollment and provide additional educational resources to their constituents. It is now more important than ever before that students, teachers and parents all have full access to the educational and informational digital content a school district provides on their website."
Begin the journey to an accessible website today.
The January 2018 deadline is fast-approaching, and we want to help your district have accessible content and a compliant design beforehand!