Sales Development Rep (LDR) for exciting EdTech SaaS company
Finalsite is a rapidly growing web development Software as a Service (SaaS) company in the “EdTech” space. We have set the standard for sophisticated web-based software for the independent school sector, public school districts, and higher education institutions. We have successfully built a client base of 2300+ schools and educational organizations in the US and international marketplace. We are a small company, headquartered in Glastonbury, CT, with big goals and visions for the future.
Finalsite is looking to add a Sales Development Rep (SDR) to our sales team. This is an incredible opportunity to break into the lucrative business of software sales. This is a critical role in helping Finalsite achieve continued growth and account penetration by working in collaboration with our Marketing and Education Sales Consultants in the field to develop new opportunities. The SDR will go through training on industry, product and Sandler sales methodology to equip them with the tools needed for ultimate success.
The SDR will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with the Education Sales Consultants to prospect, identify, initiate, develop and nurture new qualified sales opportunities in their assigned territory to generate new business in higher ed, districts and independent schools
- Managing and qualifying inbound warm leads generated by Marketing to create sales ready leads and opportunities
- Performing timely outbound calls and engaging in other forms of communication (i.e. email etc.) to prospect new opportunities
- Facilitating a smooth transition of leads to Education Sales Consultants
- Developing opportunities in prospect accounts through research, outbound calls, email and other forms of outreach
- Identifying key decision makers, determining buying readiness and timelines
- Meeting metrics, targets and quotas established
- Possessing a firm understanding of Finalsite’s SaaS platform, integrations, creative and consulting services
- Handling objections and using Sandler sales strategies and techniques to match customer needs to our solutions
- Capturing and managing information/data/metrics in Salesforce CRM systems
- Driving event attendance for Finalsite’s various Web Strategy Workshops, Webinars etc.
- Thoroughly following up from events to convert attendees to qualified leads
- Ability to work independently in fast-past environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce CRM system a plus
- Ability to meet or exceed targets and quotas
- Enthusiastic, reliable and independent self-starter with strong organizational, decision making, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed and work as an individual contributor as well as part of a team
- Honest, high-level of work ethic and integrity, assertive and strong desire to succeed
- Team player who supports others when needed
- Bachelor’s degree. We are looking for highly motivated, performance-driven, energetic, enthusiastic, confident and coachable individuals seeking an opportunity that can lead to professional growth in Sales. The SDR will work in a supportive and dynamic team environment that is competitive, metrics and quota-driven.