Finalsite, the preferred website, communications, and marketing platform of 5,000+ schools worldwide, is seeking to hire a director of communications to oversee creative, public relations, and communications. You will work with the demand-driven marketing team to craft and maintain the company brand, including messaging, tone, design, and public relations. You will serve as an exemplary writer and copy editor, consistent with our company’s tone and mission and will help plan, produce and edit content prior to publishing. Your goals will include: driving awareness particularly in the public schools end market,, driving event attendees, and influencing thought leadership through events, PR and influencer relations.
This is a full-time position in a motivating, supportive and fast-paced environment. Our company is headquartered in Glastonbury, Connecticut; all employees are currently remote, with 25% permanently remote. Remote working within a reasonable flight distance to Connecticut is an option for this position. Some travel will be required once Covid restrictions are eased. This position reports to the chief marketing officer and is an integral member of the Finalsite marketing team. Start date is January 1, 2021.
- External Communications and Brand Management
- Lead and manage team responsible for telling the company story.
- Build the brand through exceptional creative, by nurturing relationships with influencers, and by producing the most remarkable events in the industry.
- Drive creative direction on brand-level video, web, and graphic design projects.
- Work with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral
- Public Schools End-Market Specialist
- As the marketing team’s public schools end market expert, help to develop and execute on the go-to-market strategy in support of company goals
- Work closely with the content and demand generation team to execute on strategy to grow public school district inbound leads
- Help build Finalsite’s brand awareness and grow recognition in the Public School Market through targeted public relations efforts and thought leadership:
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Build PR editorial calendar and develop content regularly to grow the company’s footprint through press releases corporate announcements, and creative content for social media
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases, thought leadership articles and presentations.
- Internal Communications
- Serve as a co-chair of the internal Communications Committee and work with Finalsite leadership and HR to share information internally, and always look to improve Finalsite culture around core values, building trust and maintaining a positive relationship with employees
- Share pertinent information with staff online via Staff Portal and Slack
- Liaison with Human Resources and Events Coordinator to oversee staff strategies for Finalsite culture and business strategy for staff
- Organize and facilitate company-wide meetings
- Work with the Communications Committee to develop and facilitate the charitable giving program at Finalsite.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Accredited in Public Relations, or willing to pursue APR accreditation.
- 5+ years of progressive communications experience
- Superior written/oral communication skills and the ability to present in a clear and compelling manner.
- Demonstrated brand development and management experience.
- Experience in art direction and an exceptional eye for design.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and presentation software
- Event marketing experience and understanding
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations to internal and external markets
- Proven public relations, media relations and crisis communications expertise
- Ability to work in a team environment, work closely with corporate management and cultivate relationships across departments
- Excellent work ethic and successful record of on-time project delivery
- Additional duties as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, celebrate workforce diversity, and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. Interested candidates should submit a resume along with writing and creative samples.