Finalsite, the preferred website, communications, and marketing platform of 5,000+ schools worldwide, is seeking to hire an energetic, motivated, and team-oriented individual to join our finance team. The individual will be responsible for day to day accounting transactional activities.
The ideal candidate will have a background in accounting and finance, including being responsible for payroll and be technology-driven. Strong communication and relationship building skills are essential.
This is a full-time position in a motivating, supportive and fast-paced environment. Our company is headquartered in Glastonbury, Connecticut
- Review and translate data from customer contracts into appropriate items within the accounting system to complete the invoicing process.
- Run, manage and operate bi-monthly payroll.
- Handle vendor invoices, review and code them into the vendor system and seek departmental manager approval.
- Research billing and collection matters to resolve customer questions.
- Analyze data and help with special projects (various Accruals, ie vacation or bonus)
- As and when required help with the collection of outstanding customer invoices.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies Required :
- At least 3 years’ experience in a finance role, with prior payroll responsibilities.
- Must have strong computer skills, working knowledge of NetSuite is a big plus.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships both internally and externally to establish credibility.
- Demonstrated initiative to work independently while also collaboratively with a team.
- Great organization skills and the ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and balance a number of priorities.
- Able interprets data from spreadsheets and other tools.
“We are an equal opportunity employer, celebrate workforce diversity, and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees”.