Finalsite, the preferred website, communications, enrollment and marketing platform of 8,000+ schools worldwide, is scaling our Sales Enablement team to include an additional Sales Engineer to support the growth of our Independent, Public School District and Higher Ed Sales and Client Success teams. The Sales Engineer will help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners and is a critical part of the sales cycle, though not a typical “give demos” role. A true subject matter expert in the Finalsite SaaS offerings, the primary mission of an SE is to participate in team selling with the sales consultants and be considered a trusted advisor by clients and prospective customers. The broadest goal is to educate buyers and the sales team on how Finalsite offerings provide valuable solutions to our customers’ needs. This is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Revenue Enablement and coordinates closely with and is mentored by the senior sales engineer in a motivating, supportive and fast-paced environment. Our company is headquartered in Glastonbury, Connecticut, with offices in Austin TX and London England. We have big goals and visions for the future and will consider local candidates, as well as remote candidates based in the US.
- Partner with the Sales and Client Success teams to articulate the overall Finalsite value proposition, vision and strategy to customers and partners.
- Serve as a technical resource for the sales team, educating teammates and prospects on how Finalsite’s offerings provide solutions for clients.
- Assist with technical engagements (deep dive product demos/presentations) with prospects during the sales process, as well as with preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Support and maintain the sales demo and sandbox sites to streamline and creatively develop a crisp experience when demonstrating Finalsite solutions.
- Use in-depth product knowledge and technical skills to suggest product solutions for prospects.
- Act with urgency and precision to give users best-in-class support in troubleshooting issues as they arise throughout the customer buying journey.
- Maintain accurate notes and data in our CRM (Salesforce) to support continuous improvement analytics.
- Take on cross-functional projects in coordination with Support, Marketing, Product, etc.
- Get certified on the Finalsite platform and participate in sales training.
- Ability to travel at least 10% of time in the U.S. and internationally.
Qualifications, and Skills:
- Technical savvy -- strong knowledge of Finalsite’s SaaS offerings and 3rd party integrations, or demonstrated experience with relevant SaaS software and systems integrations.
- Great sales skills -- experience selling to or supporting complex customers. Ability to work in a team selling environment, nimbly adjusting role and strategy with different team partners.
- A driven, winning attitude. You like to win. You get a bit competitive. And you like your team to win.
- Previous experience in the education sector, software sales engineering, or telephony systems desired.
- Passion and ability to educate and excite customers and teammates about the potential of the Finalsite platform.
- Is an engaging communicator who is passionate about the impact technology has on the education sector. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- A naturally helpful mindset with great attention to detail and a hands-on, “get stuff done” attitude.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to maintain effective working relationships internally and externally and relate well to people from diverse groups.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities and react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Solid problem solving skills with the ability to think quickly and creatively to assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Solid listening, organization, attention to detail, and setting skills.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment when required as well as being able to work without supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer, celebrate workforce diversity, and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. If you would like to know more about us please visit our website www.finalsite.com