Finalsite is a leading global provider of content management, communications, and marketing software for over 1600 clients with approximately 5000 total schools in 100 different countries. Schools worldwide value Finalsite’s marketing and communication platform as an indispensable part of their daily success.
About the Job:
As a senior SRE, you will be responsible for the health, observability, and maintainability of our production environment as well as the associated auxiliary components that drive our day to day business. An ideal candidate would have a background in both software development, with solid groundings in the fundamentals of computer science as well as the systems skills necessary to understand and operate within both contexts.
What we look for
- The ability to convey the importance of site reliability in both business and technical terms to a wide variety of audiences that range from non-technical business people to the most technical of engineers. Drive stakeholder buy-in of key metrics such as SLIs/SLOs to new systems/software being built.
- A deep understanding of fault tolerance in both software and systems terms, being able to speak to architectural design patterns around both.
- A desire to automate everything. Whether that be infrastructure as code or tooling to eliminate toil, automation should be a core focus of your mindset and the elimination of repetitive tasks should be a constant desire in the role.
- Natural curiosity. You aren’t simply satisfied with something working, you want to know why it works and how it works.
- A mindset of total ownership - you aren’t afraid to dig into things you’ve never worked on before, from the browser all the way to the persistence layer. You’ve got a solid foundation in debugging, and can jump in when needed to any problem you’re asked to help with.
- An architectural mind. You understand the fundamentals of distributed computing and look for ways to make systems more resilient, self-healing, and eliminate the need for human intervention as much as possible.
We’d like you to have:
- Minimum 4-6 years of combined experience serving in either a Devops, SRE, Systems, and/or software development role.
- Extensive experience with the public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Deep knowledge of workload orchestration and containerization (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Solid automation experience within both the scripting side (Bash, Ruby, Python) as well as the infrastructure as code side (Terraform).
- CI/CD Experience with platforms such as Gitlab or Jenkins.
- Proven track record of being able to support critical production systems with minimal downtime.
- A basic understanding of networking and the various components associated with it such as routing, DHCP, and DNS.
- Willingness to participate in our 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Experience mentoring both other developers and more junior engineers.
- Helm/Kapitan experience.
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Golang experience (especially within context of the k8s api).