Finalsite, a leading provider of school website solutions and services, is seeking energetic, motivated, and team-oriented application developers to build, enhance and maintain our comprehensive web-based software solutions. Want to contribute to the education sector using the latest web technologies? Utilize agile and test driven development methodologies? Learn a new language or two and gain exposure to both front and back-end coding in a heavily used web software product that schools rely on every day? Either join the Dev crew in our Glastonbury, CT office or remotely from any North American location. You will be challenged to expand your knowledge base and hone your web programming skills in a friendly, fun, and fast-paced environment.
Positions are open, and salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package available.
- Work as a member of a cross-functional team to develop new web-based modules using Ruby, Rails, Backbone.js, and PostgreSQL, using RSpec and Jasmine to write unit tests.
- Enhance existing web-based components.
- Successfully interact with product owners, quality assurance testers, other developers, and system architect on a daily basis to produce high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Remain current on web development techniques.
- Suggest new tools and methods to improve development efficiency.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelors degree in a related field (Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience developing web applications using Ruby on Rails. We will consider exceptional candidates with experience on other Web Application frameworks
- Detail-oriented with ability to learn and apply new technical concepts quickly.
- Experience or Knowledge with Test Driven Development is a plus. RSPEC and Jasmine are preferred
- Working knowledge of CSS, HTML, and Object-oriented programming.
- Basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Experience with version control (GIT) software helpful.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Organizational ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Natural collaborator and communicator with a sense of humor who prefers developing in a team environment.
- The ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team environment.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com