Finalsite, a global leader in providing website, marketing, and communications software, is seeking a System Architect to continue to improve and expand our comprehensive web-based solutions for more than 5000 schools in 75 countries around the world.
We build and host a school focused content management system that serves 2+ million pages every day. Far beyond beautiful website creation and an intuitive user experience, our product offering includes multiple options for school to home communication, iOS and Android apps, inbound marketing, athletics and calendar management, payment processing, secure portals, forms, many data integrations, and more.
Want to contribute to the education sector using the latest web technologies? Work in a friendly and fast-paced agile development environment from a location of your choice? Find creative solutions to technical challenges and make it happen? Our growing company is headquartered in Glastonbury, CT with engineers both on and off site.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package available.
Our Technology Stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Colo (Server Clusters)
- GCP (Kubernetes)
- Development Environment
- Mac OS X
- Research, define, communicate, and help implement technical architectural vision to meet business requirements.
- Understand existing architecture and analyze technical trade-offs and recommend solutions appropriate to budget and risk, ensuring high levels of availability, consistency, performance, scalability, quality, and security.
- Facilitate migration of legacy applications and operational efficiencies with appropriate use of cloud computing, containerization, and CI/CD.
- Successfully collaborate with cross-functional teams of product owners, developers, and quality assurance testers on a daily basis to produce high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Assist in isolating and resolving complex problems requiring full-stack knowledge.
- Remain current on emerging technologies and suggest new tools and methods to improve both system and SDLC efficiencies.
- Mentor developers by communicating best practices and conducting code reviews.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Computer Science, Software Engineering).
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience developing web applications, including 2 years of developing strategic system architecture plans.
- Exposure to a variety of technologies, including object-oriented techniques, database design, API design, cloud computing, containers, networking, and application and web servers in a highly available and high traffic environment.
- Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and product research.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience developing web applications using Ruby on Rails. We will consider exceptional candidates with experience on other Web Application frameworks.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and NOSQL database technologies. Postgres knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with test driven development (RSpec and Jasmine are preferred).
- Proven above-average analytical, conceptual and troubleshooting abilities.
- Interpersonal skills and experience providing guidance to developers of all levels.
- Time management skills and organizational ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
APPLY NOW with your resume and cover letter.