Finalsite, the preferred website, communications, and marketing platform of 5,000+ schools worldwide, is seeking to hire a Web Designer who will be responsible for creating effective designs for our clients in close collaboration with project managers and front-end developers. The Designer will understand and work well within clearly defined project constraints, including client goals, accessibility guidelines, branding requirements, technical considerations, project, budget, and timeline.
This is a full-time, creative position in a motivating, supportive and fast-paced environment. Our company is headquartered in Glastonbury, Connecticut
- Design responsive sites for use in Finalsite’s CMS
- Create a mixture of unique, specific pages and comprehensive visual systems for each client
- Take creative control of projects, serving as the key point of contact for project design direction and decisions
- Create new design solutions and work within existing structures
- Assist in the execution and maintenance of internal design needs such as Theme designs (our website templates), shared base files, and more
- Consult with clients over the phone, via Zoom, and in writing to provide direction and leadership, communicating persuasively and welcoming them into our design process
- Interact closely with various team members (internal, freelance, and outside agencies)
Qualifications, and Skills:
- At least 4 years of professional web design experience
- Proficiency in Figma, our design, prototyping, and developer handoff tool, experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite a bonus
- Knowledge of front-end web development, experience working with schools, project management experience, and experience with accessible design preferred
- An excellent portfolio of digital work
Competencies Required :
- A sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Sound judgment in determining both the strategic and tactical approaches for project-specific design initiatives
- Able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to maintain effective working relationships internally and externally and relate well to people from diverse groups.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Solid problem solving skills with the ability to think quickly and creatively when required, assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Solid listening, organization, attention to detail, and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment when required as well as being able to work without supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer, celebrate workforce diversity, and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. If you would like to know more about us please visit our website www.finalsite.com